STUDIO SAFETY & PROTOCOLS
UPDATED CDC GUIDELINES
Please review the COVID-19 Updates Below before entering the studio as of JANUARY 2022..
UPDATED STUDIO POLICIES FOR ENTERING AND EXITING THE BUILDING. The health and safety of our students, families and faculty members are a top priority. We appreciate your understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. MASKS ARE REQUIRED WHEN ENTERING, EXITING OR IN THE BUILDING AT ANY TIME AT GENERATIONS DANCE COMPANY, LLC. This includes and does not exclude all students, parents/guardians and faculty members.
2. NO PARENTS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE LOBBY WAITING AREA UPSTAIRS.
3. ARRIVAL - YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER WILL MEET YOU AT THE BOTTOM OF THE STEPS, TAKE YOUR CHILD'S TEMPERATURE AND BRING THEM UP TO CLASS. When waiting, please be sure to practice social distancing, 6 feet apart. Students will also be spaced accordingly in class.
4. CLASS DISMISSAL - STUDENTS WILL BE WALKED DOWNSTAIRS BY THEIR TEACHER. ALL PARENTS ARE TO WAIT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE STEPS. INSIDE THE MAIN LOBBY OF THE ANNEX, PRACTICING SOCIAL DISTANCING AND PLEASE WEAR A MASK.
5. IF YOU NEED TO MAKE A PAYMENT, SHOE FITTING, ECT, WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT VIA EMAIL. When possible we ask that any and all payments are made through the portal or GDC Zelle.
In light of the ALL COVID VARIANTS and new CDC recommendations, GENERATIONS DANCE COMPANY LLC will be adopting a new mask policy. We are closely following the CDC Guidelines and appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Our priority is always the utmost safety of our students, GDC families and Staff.
Beginning MONDAY JANUARY 3RD, all individuals will be required to wear masks while at Generations Dance Company LLC, both inside and outside of studios, both Vaccinated and NonVaccinated.
TEMPERATURE WILL BE TAKEN AND RECORDED UPON ARRIVAL.
MASKS ARE TO BE WORN UPON ENTERING THE BUILDING AND IN THE LOBBY OF THE STUDIO AT ALL TIMES FOR THOSE WHO ARE VACCINATED AND NOT.
DANCERS MUST WEAR MASKS IN STUDIO SPACES FOR THE DURATION OF CLASSES.
SOCIAL DISTANCING MUST BE IN AFFECT AT ALL TIMES. STUDENTS WILL BE PROPERLY SPACED WITHIN CLASSROOM AREAS.
PARENTS MUST BE MASKED WHEN WAITING DOWNSTAIRS FOR THEIR CHILD FOR PICKUP.
With COVID-19 cases on the rise and with the new highly recommended guidelines, we hope by adopting this new policy, that we can help keep our community safe and healthy. We will continue to monitor the guidelines set forth by the CDC and we will adjust and adopt our COVID-19 Health and Safety guidelines accordingly. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.
We recognize that this time has come with challenges for all, and we are deeply appreciative that you are a part of the GDC Family. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly.
GDC has been cleared to open at FULL capacity.
Both of our rooms have a different capacity size and are taped off accordingly. (6 ft squares. 1 for each dancer to dance safely and also to follow CDC guidelines.) View the Link Below for more information directly from the CDC.
There are limited class sizes for in person classes, this is due to the capacity guidelines set by the state of NJ and the CDC. Once the in person classes are full, we will no longer be able to add
anyone until the capacity limit changes, however you can still join us for online classes until that happens.
AT THIS TIME NO PARENTS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING (unless cleared by directors or medically necessary). If your child is 4 years or younger, you will be permitted to walk your child up into class, after temperature and covid screening is complete. You will be required to wear a mask at all times. When inside the building, please abide by the CDC guidelines of social distancing and stay 6 feet apart at all times. Once your child is in class you will then be asked to wait in your car. All students will not be permitted to leave the premises unless escorted out by a teacher and directly guided to their parent/guardian.
We politely ask the parents of students 7 years old and above who are attending multiple daily classes, to drop-off the student and return for pick-up 5-10 minutes before the end of their last class.
Parking is available behind The Arts Annex. Please contact the front desk if you should have any questions.
Personal Health Assessments
We ask that parents do not send their child to class for the next two weeks if:
• Parents should perform a health assessment on their child by taking their temperature the day that they are scheduled to come to class. If the student's temperature is above 100.4 degrees they will NOT be permitted in the building. This is for our safety and yours.
• If the student is experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19, including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea, students are asked to stay home.
• We ask if a student or someone in their household comes in contact with someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 that you follow the direct CDC Guidelines. Please notify the studio asap if you find yourself in this situation.
Personal Protective Equipment for Parents & Dancer:
For our safety and yours please review this next section. It is our number one priority to take all measures to secure your trust in our safety procedures.
• We request that students and anyone assisting with drop off wear a mask before entering the studio.
• If a student needs a mask or forgets a mask, we will provide one at no charge. Additional GDC masks can be purchased in our GDC Shop for $12, personalized for $15.
• A hands free Hand sanitizer will be located at the top of the steps. All who entered must wait at the top of the steps to have their temperature taken and documented. Once that is done, you will then utilize our hands free sanitizer. Also, hand sanitizer will be located throughout the building as well as disinfectant wipes.
• GDC Promotes healthy hygiene practices, by encouraging hand-washing and providing hand sanitizer before and after class.
Students, Teachers & Staff Safety in the Classroom:
• Dancers will arrive at the studio in their proper dance attire, wearing street shoes. Each student should have a designated bag for dance shoes, water bottle and other personal items. Students will be assigned an area to place their belongings. This area will also be used for changing their shoes, getting a drink, etc. A teacher will help the children as needed with shoe changes at their specific area.
• Bathrooms will be available for use only for dancers. Bathrooms will be sanitized and cleaned after each use. A full cleaning will be done daily as well.
• All staff is required to wear a mask and follow all CDC guidelines of social distancing in and out of the classroom, when working the desk area and upon student arrival and dismissal both inside and outside of the building.
• All Students (ages 2 and up) are required to wear a mask during their dance class and all points in the building. This includes entering the building, in the break room and lobby, ect.
• Spot and space markers will be placed on the ground to aid against physical closeness or contact between students. This way, dancers will be able to focus on building individual skills while doing work in the center of the classroom, when going across the floor or when using the ballet barre. Keeping children in small groups, staggering arrival and drop off times, teachers and dancers stay 6 feet apart, excluding partnering or dance formations in any choreographed exercises, discouraging unnecessary physical contacts, such as high- fives, handshakes, fist bumps, and hugs. Students will be encouraged to stay in their spot unless otherwise instructed by their teacher.
• Teachers will actively promote education on proper hand washing. Infographic material will be offered.
• Teachers/Staff will sanitize all props and mats both before and after use in the classroom to provide a safe and healthy environment for children. No outside belongings should be brought into the classroom by a student.
• Teachers/Staff will bring students into the classroom via the front door. The temperature will be taken upon arrival and entering the building. Students registering temperature above 100.4 will not be permitted to join the class. Students will be instructed to immediately go to their areas for the start of class.
While in class •••
Masks will be worn the entire time anyone enters the building. This includes in class, in the lobby, etc..
The dance floor is taped off with a grid, each dancer will have a space to dance in 6 feet apart.
This applies to when they go across the floor and waiting to go across the floor.
Hand sanitizer will be located in each classroom as well, however we ask that your child brings their own, as well as tissues, we are trying to limit the amount of things that they will have to touch. We will have an automatic non touch hand sanitizer dispenser at the top of our stairs when entering the studio. This should be used by each person entering, followed by a temperature check.
• At the end of the class, teachers will lead students to the exit. We ask that parents/guardians make every effort to arrive 5-10 minutes before your child's scheduled class end-time to ensure a seamless transition.
• In the case that the parent/guardian is going to be late for pick up, please call the studio to let us know. The student will wait in the lobby area with us. Upon arrival, please call the studio, and either a teacher or office staff member will bring your child out to the car.
Classroom Clean Up:
• We will use the time between classes to sanitize anything that we used during class, including floors, barres, areas, props, mats, and bathrooms.
Studio Cleaning Procedure
• Intensifying cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation within our facilities and premises by cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces in the studio daily and between each class, cleaning and disinfecting shared objects and equipment between use, and ensuring the safe and correct use and storage of disinfectants.
• The lobby will be closed to all public except staff and students entering/exiting their classes.
• If a student does get sick during class, a staff member will stay with the dancer in a designated area until a family member arrives to pick him/her up.
• We will make every effort to keep everyone informed by posting updates on the website and our Facebook Group/Instagram.
• At this time, our focus is geared toward bringing our dancers into a safe environment where they can do what they love, dance!